Directions: Write an English compositionin 120-150 words according to the instructions given in Chinese.
To whom it may concern:
I’ve learned that an art exhibition is to be held and that you’re collecting suggestions on its location. I’m writing this letter to share with you my opinions.
In my opinion, it is more advisable to hold the art exhibition in Shanghai Museum than in community libraries. My reasons are as follows.
On one hand, it is more convenient for people to get to Shanghai Museum which is located in the center of the city. And the museum is much more spacious than community libraries, which provides visitors with a more comfortable environment for appreciating art.
On the other hand, as a well-known museum, Shanghai Museum is more professional and experienced in holding art exhibitions. Its professional security guards and advanced facilities can better protect those famous paintings from being damaged or stolen.
Therefore, I suggest the exhibition be held in the museum.
I’m Li Hua, an exchange student from China during this summer vaca tion. I’m delighted to learn that volunteer students are wanted for a Chinese painting exh ibition to be held in the local art gallery. Now I’m writing to apply for the position.The re asons for my application are as follows. First of all, having been exposed to foreign teacher s since a young age, I can communicate freely with others in English. What’s more, years of being monitor makes me a brilliant organizer, which will help a lot to keep the exhibitio n in order. The most important factor is that my related knowledge will undoubtedly help t he audience learn more about the unique Chinese art form.All in all, my sense of responsib ility will make me a qualified volunteer. I’d appreciate it if you could take my application i nto consideration.
1. Nowadays, there is a growing concern over the issue of…
2. Recently the issue of …has been brought to public attention.
3. When it comes to…, people’s notions may vary from one toanother.
4. When asked about…, different people will hold different opinions.
5. With the development of…, the problem of…has become increasingly serious.
6. Nowadays, …plays an increasingly important role in our everyday life.
1. To understand the point of…, it is necessary to discuss/analyze…
2. There is no denying that…
3. There is no doubt that…
4. It is reported that…
5. A close study of...will probably make this point clear.
6. We must recognize that…
7. Some people hold the view that…while other people argue that…
8. Some other people have expressed the opposite opinion.